Relaxing Day

Today was a pretty slow day, which began waking up over at Chloe’s house after a fun little party to celebrate Mark’s new job last night!  The theme was tacky 80′s ski-wear, which I think scared away a bunch of people.  But for those of us who braved the theme, it was a blast!

Mark’s 80s Ski-Wear Party

Mark’s 80s Ski-Wear Party

Ooohboy… leave it to Mark to host a party with a theme like that!

Gas TankI stopped briefly at home before heading out and filming Vito’s Italian sports news thing as I do every Saturday now, and then I dropped Brian off at my aunt’s to dog sit.  Gas prices were 1.30 on the way out of town, and for the first time ever, I was actually detered from filling the tank all the way.  My theory is that it wastes more time and effort hunting the best prices and stuff, but seriously 1.30 pissed me right off.  I was running really low so I put in $10… but seriously look how little that even got me up to!!!  That is including what I had in there before!

Anyways, the drive was amazing due to perfectly clear blue skies and it being warm enough that I had all four windows down and the sunroof open all the way while blasting Dark Side of the Moon!  I even found myself going slower than the limit on the freeway at some points because I wanted it to last forever!

Back at home, I fried up a single burger and then slipped into a nap for a few hours.  A bit of a waste of a beautiful afternoon, but I really needed that nap.  First “day off” in a while for me I guess.  I’ve been working hard over the past few weeks since the Whistler film getting a whack of work done.  I’ve actually got Spencer coming in every day now and helping out editing and such.  It’s really helpful having the extra hands to tackle the work.  Anyways, this evening I got up to speed watching Lost, Season 4 episodes 8 and 9.  I also managed to tackle my gmail inbox finally!  It’s been stock-piling over the past few weeks and my email has been getting backlogged and it’s been crazy trying to get back to people sometimes.  Lastly I’ve started transferring huge chunks of files onto some new hard drives and such because I’ve been working on re-arranging and upgrading our server.  Moving most of these files are hard to do during a normal work day because a) I should be doing other work, and b) We kind of need those files online to be able to work.

All in all, I’m glad I had a day to get to the “smaller” things and “run errands” around the house.  Normally it would be run to the bank, return a sweater, and visit the grandparents, but for me it was all the things I talked about up above.  And hey, I even got around to blogging now that things are somewhat getting back to normal.  Normal?  Somebody tell me what “normal” is again?

Tags: , , , , ,

One Response to “Relaxing Day”

  1. Nathaniel Says:

    I am damn happy to see you getting a chance to rest and enjoy the day. Moreover, I’m happy to see you doing a written blog, as they are certainly my favorites! (Though video blogging has its purposes too!) Hope all is going well bud!